Welcome to the new MDLRCASE portable Eurorack case; the 12U 104HP Performer Series MKI.
We’ve been listening to modular artists and believe this new MDLRCASE offers the best solution for those in need of a flexible portable case.
Using a detachable middle “ring” allows you to patch your rig and leave it patched before heading to your next gig, it also functions as a rock solid stand giving you the perfect angle to access your modules during your performances. By using this design where the modules are not sitting deep in the case, you have full and easy access to all your beloved modules.
Starting with reliability in mind we build our cases with Penn Elcom components for maximum durability and apply a two-component coating solution that adds an extra layer of protection to your serious investment. We want to make sure your gear is working great in the studio or at a live event.
What’s new for the MKI version?
We totally re-engineered the Eurorack rails set, which resulted in a weight loss of over 40%. We kept the original design and asked our eurorack rails supplier to cut away the bottom part of the rails, which in our case is not used at all.
The next step was redesigning the existing side plates to replace the aluminum ones with a whole new concept, 3D printed side plates. We designed and developed a new concept of easy to assemble side plates, which were all 3D printed in our “in house” 3D printing factory. The side plates are made with one of the toughest polymers used for 3D printing and are accurately measured, sturdy, and robust. By using this additive manufacturing production technique, we also reduced the weight of the side plates with an overall weight loss of 190%
The new PSU solution comes from the makers of MDLR PWR as well. Our partners at Konstanlab designed this small but yet powerful Boardpower PSU which will replace the whole 220V PSU line for a completely safe and compact power solution.
The 4 busboards, in this case, offer the ability to connect 80 modules, so you’re always sure to have all your favorite creative tools on hand.
Place your order today for the new 12U 104HP Performer MKI and get out there to show the world what these wires and knobs are all about.
- 104HP 12U (416HP module space)
- Dimensions: L= 60cm W=32cm H=25cm
- Total weight 8,9 kg
- Space from top rail to bottom 7,5cm
- Can be carried while patched
- Handmade case, fully nailed and glued construction.
- 12mm birchwood with a special 2 layer protection coating
- Flush-mounted rails allow the modules to be mounted evenly with the sides of the case
- Lid allows to carry the case fully patched
- 8x 104HP rails with M3 threaded inserts
- 2x Konstantlab Boardpower lightweight PSU. (+12V 2A, -12V 1.2A, 5V 1.5A)
- Total power +12V 4A, -12V 2.5A and 3A on 5V
- 4 x MDLRCASE Passive busboard, total of 80 headers.
- Total weight: 8,9 kg (w/ PSU, busboards and rails installed, including lid.)
- 2x side-mounted power switch + powerinlet
- 2x 1.8m power cord
- 2 x Meanwell power adapter included
- High-quality Penn Elcom components
- Super-comfortable Luxe carrying handle
- Anti-slip rubber feet
- Completely assembled, wired, tested, and ready to play!
Konstantlab Boardpower ( 1 installed in each case halve)
Dimensions:10 × 4.5 × 2 cm
OUTPUT POWER: 45W
+12V / 2A
-12V / 1.2A
+5V / 1.5A
2x 16 pin IDC for flat cable
4x WAGO spring terminals
WAGO spring terminals
Panel with 5,5 x 2.1 DC input (center positive) and switch included
Input reverse polarity voltage protection
Output short circuit – automatic recovery
Output overcurrent – automatic recovery
All output protections are independent for each rail
Input common mode LC filter with high efficiency of canceling noise and interference from input connector
Additional input filter on each regulator
MDLRCASE eurorack busboard (2 installed in each case halve)
2x screw terminals for power supply/second busboard connection
20x standard eurorack power connectors with safety notches to protect from modules reversed connections
3 power rails 12V, -12V, 5V
voltage indicator LED on every power line
decoupling capacitors to remove residual PSU ripple at every power line
switchable 5V linear voltage regulator for power supplies that don’t support 5V output